We had our 35 1/2 week appointment last Friday. I was really looking forward to this appointment because we were going to do the first stress test (they decided to do this weekly until he is born from 36 weeks on due to the gestational diabetes) and also an ultrasound. We hadn't had an ultrasound done since 20 weeks so I was very excited to see the little guy (and make sure he really was a guy) and possibly get some pictures since I had the misfortune of ruining the ones we got at his 20 week appointment.
So we go in and the stress test lasts about 15 minutes. They straped two belts on my stomach and I just sat there and let it take record. Of course, little man punches/kicks the belt because he hates it when you push on my stomach which always makes me laugh. He's so tough already. The results were good. He was very active and all looked well and I was not contracting any which was great.
Then we moved onto the ultrasound room. I'm so excited as I walk into the room I can't stand it! The dr starts in and within the first minute says..."well baby is breech" so that is a problem. He does some other measurements and tells me that Taedon is currently about 7 lbs. Oh and we got confirmation that he is a boy which was a relief since we had already done the nursery in boy colors! He does say that due to his size and my gestational diabetes he doesn't recommend trying to turn him. So at this point, he says that he will go ahead and schedule a c-section at the hospital for the first week of April and we can always cancel it on the off chance that he flips himself around in time for natural labor. Guess we will see at this week's appointment what the status is. Knowing that I am still having the same pain in my left ribcage, which I found out is because it is his head, he hasn't moved at this point.
On Saturday we went and got maternity pictures done. So far the ones we have seen turned out pretty good. I ended up cutting the session short because it was extremely cold outside and I was freezing so I'm hoping we got some good ones. Here is my favorite one so far.
Until next week...

No comments:
Post a Comment