Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A fun few days of celebrating me!

It has been an eventful few days of celebration for me and the little guy.  I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day this year and had my first birthday as a mom both within a few days of each other.  Needless to say I feel blessed and have enjoyed the week!

Mother's day was a day of good food and letting family meet Taedon.  He enjoyed himself but was very tired after his long day of fun and meeting everyone. 


Happy Birthday to me!  I usually make a new recipe for my cake or cupcakes each year and spend the weeks prior trying to figure out what I want.  This year the final decision had come down to Chocolate Malted Cupcakes with Chocolate Malted Milk Whipped Cream Frosting (basically chocolate with a Whopper candy twist) but after a long day on Sunday, Taedon wasn't in the mood to let me bake on Monday so I opted for a store bought creation this year.  It was a very attractive cake and tasted even better than it looked so I was ok with not having homemade.  I do, however, look forward to planning his first birthday party next year and making some new creation to celebrate.  Many thanks to my loving hubby for the new sparklers in my ears.  It was a combo anniversary/push present/birthday/Mother's day gift and I love my new earrings!!  They are so beautiful.


And a random picture from the other day...











No comments:

Post a Comment