The boys are growing like weeds and changing daily. To see them interact and love on each other warms my heart. Taedon loves to give Kyan kisses (always on his forehead) and Kyan always stares at Taedon with admiration.
Kyan is walking all around the house in his walker and eating some food with a spoon here and there. So far he has tried bananas, apples and sweet potatoes. He wasn't too into the apples but loved the other two. At his 4 mos doctor appointment he was 19.6 lbs and was off the charts for height. He is a pretty good sleeper usually only waking once a night. He does have a bad night here and there but overall he is a decent sleeper. He loves to just hang out and usually only cries when he is hungry or tired. In fact he is sitting in his walker just starting at me and smiling as I type this out.
Taedon is starting to speak in sentences and learning new words daily. He can put his own shoes on (the slip on Crocs) and loves to help take Niko out each day. He answers yes or no when asked what he would like to eat or do when asked. He can tell you most of his shapes, count up to 15, backwards from 5 and knows most of his colors. He often says that "Kyan is fungy (funny)" while covering his mouth and smiling. He also likes to tell me "Kyan is sweeping (sleeping)" and" Kyan is crying." When he gets frustrated he says "oh man and oh jeez." When helping clear the table, he yells "don't drop it" as he carries the plates and cups to the sink. Thankfully he has yet to drop anything. He has mastered the Ipad that we haven't had very long to the point that I had to put a password on it and make sure it is put away so that he doesn't want to use it all of the time. Thankfully the educational games he plays have taught him some things.
Kyan loves to lay in Taedon's bed with him. He would stay in there for hours if I would let him. I think it's the pillow he likes. Plus the company is great too.
Taking a cat nap
Taedon's first Playdoh experience. He wasn't quite sure about it.
Kyan enjoying his homemade Ravens blanket. Thanks Laura!
Another cat nap but Niko didn't get the memo.
Niko turned seven in May. I couldn't find anywhere to buy him a pupcake so I attempted to make it. It turned out pretty good if you ask me!
Don't be scared Niko. It's tasty! (He does this every year when we give it to him)
Taedon reliving his youth when we got the walker out for Kyan to start using.
Enjoying an ice cream cone. I got an ice cream maker for my birthday and have made quite a few creations so far. All have been pretty tasty! I know this to be true because Taedon isn't much of a sweets person and he LOVES my ice cream so far.
Hi Mom!
Taedon's first ride on the metro into DC. He cried the entire ride so I'm guessing his idea of a train ride wasn't quite what he experienced. He enjoyed the trip home more though. He yelled "ta da" every time the doors opened.
Kyan, however, enjoyed it. Between the rocking and the noise, he fell right asleep on the ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment